Google Lens is a visual analysis application that can turn your phone’s camera into a smart camera. In other words, it allows your iPhone, smartphone or tablet to provide information about whatever is being shown on the screen. Like it as a visual search engine. For instance, you can use the app to scan an image of a cat and get information about its breed. Alternatively, you can scan the image of a hotel or restaurant and read reviews about it. The app can even scan text and numbers and save that information on your device or execute certain functions. With just a single tap, you can save all of this information on your device as a new contact, eliminating the need for typing.
how to setup Google Lens on iPhone
- Open the App Store app.
- Type “Google Lens” in the search field.
- Tap “Download” next to the app.
- If you have already installed the app, a cloud symbol will appear instead of “Loading”. You can choose that too. Then Check that Function 2 is activated.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Top “Camera.”
- Enable the button to “Show Recognized Text.”
search image with Google Lens
- Open t “Google” you.
- Top camera icon on the right of the search bar.
- Top search with camera.
- This is the first start: access to the camera with “OK”.
- Take a photo of a car or text (example).
- Swipe for more information.
The bottom line
clearly, Google has single-handedly revolutionized the modern concept of search and how information is digested. Now, Google Lens is the harness harnessing this same technology for image-based search across a variety of use cases, redefining the ability to search, still again.