Whenever Quickbooks is corrupted with certain kinds of technical glitches it reciprocates them with errors like Quickbooks won’t open PDF, Quickbooks won’t open the company file, and so on. In this guide, we will get to know in detail about the PDF issue and troubleshooting methods to resolve it. Now, let’s get into the post and explore the error.
Quickbooks won’t open PDF
At times, the user often encounters Quickbooks unable to open the PDF files. They become unable to access PDF files as the hindrance stops all other tasks related to the printing process. Many users have reported that the error appears just after the update of Windows 10. As PORTPROMPT port that is created after merging “Microsoft XPS essayist gadget adds on” gives rise to this printing problem and Quickbooks Invoice Printing problems.
Therefore it is estimated that it is a major cause of Quickbooks unable to open the PDF and there is no denying that the Quickbooks Invoice Printing problem is a vital concern for all software users because it helps in generating invoices and scripts related to the Business functionality. Facing such strife can haunt us but we should not lose hope as every problem and every issue can be tackled if we provide the right path. Through this guide, we are trying to help you out of this situation so just stick to it and get to know different troubleshooting methods to remove the hindrances. Now, let’s get into the causes that bring this issue.
These are the causes of Quickbooks won’t open the PDF file
There are plenty of reasons that the Quickbooks won’t open the PDF issues emerge within the system. In order to know them, read this full section containing the list of several causes and factors responsible for the error issue.
- When Quickbooks becomes unable to finish the action due to the missing of a few PDF elements.
- If the system is corrupted with some error code like 30, 20, or 41 then again the QB desktop cannot open or access the PDF.
- In addition to this, the Internet connection causes the error. If it is not established properly then the user can have this disturbance.
- During the installation of the PDF converter, if the Quickbooks error 1702 and 1801 appear in the system then it leads to this fault
- If the 32-bit app that hosts the Printer Drive does not respond properly or work inappropriately.
- Consequently, if you see the unrecoverable error code or any warning message on the system then get ready for the issue
So, these are all the causes that contribute to Quickbooks Invoice Printing problems. If you want to troubleshoot this problem then just follow the resolving section and try to remove all of the causes that can hinder the system.
Solutions to Resolve Quickbooks PDF will not Open
Now we are moving into troubleshooting to resolve Quickbooks PDF will not open. Before proceeding, ensure to perform every step carefully. Now let’s get into it.
Solution 1: Download and Run Quickbooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
- The first step that the user needs to do is to shut the Quickbooks.
- After that, try to download the most recent version of Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Now save the file and then try to launch it.
- Once the file is opened, the user needs to move to the onscreen prompts and follow them carefully.
- Moving on, click on the install and agree on the button.
- In this step, double-click on the icon and open the tool hub.
- If the tool hub is opened properly then click on the program problems.
- Now you need to select the Quickbooks PDF and Print repair tool.
- You can easily print, email, or save it as a PDF from Quickbook desktop.
These steps help you to download the Quickbooks Print and PDF Repair Tool. In order to run this tool, we have to perform some more steps that include:
- First of all, try to locate the file on the desktop that is having an issue with printing.
- Now try to rename the file by adding a prefix.
- The file path on windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7 is C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX.
- If the user is unable to locate the file then remove the hidden files and folders.
- In the next step, right-click on the QBPrint.qbp and rename it.
- Once done, open the Quickbooks and the company file.
- You will find that a new qbprint.qbp will be created automatically.
- In this step, open a transaction showing issues is creating PDF in Quickbooks or troubles printing with Quickbooks.
- In the last step, try to print from the QB sample company file to find an issue within it.
Solution 2: Try to Reset the Temp Folder permission
- The first and foremost thing for you to do is to press the Windows + R together.
- Now type %TEMP% and hit enter.
- In this step, select properties and right-click on the temp folder.
- Once done with that, choose the security tab.
- After performing all these steps, the reader needs to ensure that all the usernames and created groups visible on the security tab have full access.
- Now just save it as a PDF again.
Solution 3: Verify you can print to your XPS Document writer
- Proceed with the procedure by navigating to the start menu and launching the notepad.
- Now type something on the notepad and select the file.
- After that tap on the Print option.
- You need to ensure that you have selected the XPS document writer and then tap on print.
- Once done, enter any file name and then save the same to the system’s screen.
- In the last, visit the system and spot the XPS document that you have printed from the notepad.
These solutions will surely help you in resolving all the printing issues in Quickbooks. However, if the issue still appears then you can seek assistance from the Quickbooks enterprise technical support team. They will try every possible way to eradicate this issue with just some taps and clicks.