Ahead of moving forward with this article, let’s make it very clear – the main purpose of this article is to help product owners choose which of the two top mobile application frameworks is suitable for their needs. Angular Vs Vue.js is a popular sbject of debate among the community of product owners, with Vue.js constantly gaining popularity and curiosity around it every day. You can consider Vue.js somewhere in between React and Angular when it’s about popularity and usability.
Here, you will get to know what to choose between Vue.js or AngularJS. We will also help you understand the potential of both platforms and compare them to determine which one matches your needs the best. This is your best guide to navigate Angular Vs Vue.js with no bias and in-depth analysis of both frameworks.
Angular Vs Vue.js: Introduction to The Frameworks
Vue.js was launched as a standalone project, a single-person show by Evan You. However, it has gathered a core contributors’ team in just a few years that make this framework more worthwhile.
Angular is considered a “platform” as it offers you full-stack solutions to match various mobile application development requirements.
Angular Vs Vue.js: How Does It Work?
How does Vue.js work?
Vue.js focused on the “View” parameter of your app development project. The MVVM architecture pattern inspires this efficient framework.
Vue.js links the view part and DOM part with the view instance and Model-view part. To bind these two portions, the framework uses a data binding system. The data available in your view instance is known as the Model part. It provides your app with the data it requires.
How does Angular work?
Angular is commonly known as a more systematic and structured front-end framework than various frameworks available in the market. However, to leverage this extensive framework for its recognized benefits, some complexities are also present in its functioning.
This framework functions on the MVC structure and comprises several significant functions and components to build full-stack mobile applications.
According to the latest report of NPMTrends, both frameworks have shown similar rise and fall trends of popularity over the past few years. Even if observed based on weekly downloads, only a marginal difference was there between Vue.js and Angular.
Vue.js comprises a v-model for two-way data binding, which helps product owners tackle one of the trickiest phases of building an application – user input synchronization. Vue.js updates the templates according to model changes and updates the data model whenever the changes occur in templates.
This framework makes use of two-way data binding with v-model directives and also supports one-way binding using a :value=syntax.
AngularJS are more flexible when it’s about data binding – Angular uses one-way and two-way data binding. There are several methods of data binding in Angular, such as:
- Property Binding: This feature allows you to bind the template expression view. Property binding is all about updating the value of a definite variable in the component and showing it in view. This mechanical process again helps modify the value only at the component level.
- String Interpolation: You can hire Angular developers to use the string interpolation. Generally, the text within the braces is the identity of the component property and Angular swaps this identity with a string of the value of the same corresponding component property. This process is helpful whenever you need to modify the value but only at the component level.
- Two-way Data binding: Angular makes use of two-way data binding by making a combination of both Event and Property binding. It’s an entirely continuous data synchronization based on Angular’s ngModel directives from component to view and view to the component.
Angular also offers you impressive integration capabilities with other JS libraries and third-party elements.
Level of Complexity
Undoubtedly, Angular is more complicated than Vue at the API and design level. You will have to spend a gruesome time understanding the core concepts of Angular docs. But, after understanding these concepts completely, it becomes fairly easy to use Angular to build an application.
When to use Angular for your project needs:
- For enterprise web applications development
- To develop applications that require dynamic content.
- To build progressive web applications.
When to use Vue.js for your project needs:
- To create an application full of interactive elements and animations.
- When your goal is to provide seamless integration with multiple applications.
- To ship your MVP quickly.
- When you want to prototype but don’t have advanced skills.