Today’s dynamic business atmosphere requires advanced and smarter unified communication solutions. Communication plays an important role in making a healthy and strong relationship between businesses and their employees. As in the current situation, many businesses are adopting the working from the home system; it has become the need for the mobile workforce to have consistent in-office experience no matter whether they are working from home or while on the move. The flexible workplaces and timings, along with swiftly increasing competition, are mounting the need for more collaborative communication solutions for in-office and the mobile workforce. There has been a great rise in the demand for ‘Unified Communication’ to facilitate smooth communication while keeping in mind collaboration and mobility as the key aspects of business communications.
What is Unified Communication?
Along with the growth of a business, its requirement for a more collaborative approach and real-time communication also grows. UC solutions facilitate flexible, real-time, and cost-effective ways to achieve utmost collaboration for flawless communication within the organization.
Unified Communication or UC is a technology that helps to integrate different forms of communication under a single platform (which can be a cloud-based platform), thus allowing seamless communication within an organization. Unified communication solution development usually depends on a mix of asynchronous and synchronous communication tools such as video conferencing, Internet Protocol (IP), telephony, emails, etc. All these communication tools are united together to create a single communication platform for organizations.
Features of Unified Communications Solution
There is no doubt that a UC solution can make a business communication system more efficient and versatile. It comes with various unique and advanced features that make UC a perfect solution for enterprise communication requirements. Here are some of the key features of the UC solution, have a look:
- Offers an omnichannel for communication which includes instant messaging, audio, and video calls.
- Allows Presence and file sharing
- Cloud-enabled platform
- Provide incoming call support through push notification
- Facilitate call transfer
- Offers call history and recording
- Facilitate 3-way conference
- Allow auto-configuration
- Facilitate IP telephony, Voice Mail, PSTN integration, and more
- Assure secure sharing and storage of voice, video, audio, and graphic data
- Allows both real-time and near real-time communication
Key Benefits of Unified Communication for Enterprises
The unified communications solutions provide numerous benefits to an enterprise. Some of the key benefits include:
- Scalability: Today’s businesses look for a scalable communication solution that can be scaled easily up or down as per the specific communication needs of their business. A Unified communication solution is an ideal way to perform regular up-gradations that are desired to be consistent with the requirements of an enterprise. It also allows users to easily add new features to the system as per their requirements to stay efficient.
- Cost-Effectiveness: For enterprises, it is important to note that a UC is a one-time investment. By investing in a unified communication system once, businesses are not required to install an entirely new system whenever there is a requirement for new additions in the communication system. Since UC offers a wide range of services via multiple communication platforms, the users of the UC system are just required to pay for a single platform instead of paying separately for multiple communication platforms.
- Highly-Secure: When it comes to deal with important information or data, security is perhaps the key concern of any enterprise. However, with UC, enterprises can be assured of the safety and security of their information and data. This is because UC follows various rigorous measures while monitoring the networks to prevent any potential threat or breach. Besides, when the information or data is passed on through a particular network, the UC system automatically encrypts the information/data to ensure utmost security.
- Easy Customization: Nowadays, there are a number of companies available in the market that provide customized UC development services to meet the specific communication requirements of the enterprises. Based on the key requirements, enterprises can choose to add or remove any particular feature or even change the system’s layout.
- Better Collaboration: With the UC system, employees are no longer bound to physically present at their workplace to attend meetings or discuss anything important. With the help of this system, employees and other important members of the enterprise can easily collaborate via various communication mediums like video conferencing, web conferencing, telephone conferencing, group messaging, etc. Today with the help of UC, it doesn’t matter where the employees are located. Everyone (including international clients) can be connected easily and instantly from anywhere to share their views or discuss concepts in real-time.
- Improved Efficiency: Unified communication allows enterprises to provide full flexibility and ease of work to their employees. The technology facilitates fast and efficient communication, making it easier for the employees to accomplish their tasks without any difficulty. UC is a single, easy-to-use platform for all communication purposes. Thus the employees need not switch to different communication platforms. This not only helps to save a lot of their time but also enhances the level of productivity.
A unified communications system can help enterprises resolve various issues, including fast and efficient communication, smooth data and information exchange, effective team collaboration, etc.
So, if you are looking for a company that offers a unified communication solution, make sure to choose a professional one that provides omni channel communication, uninterrupted data access on the cloud, facilitate quick connections with customers, connect teams via any network, platform, or device, and helps to reduce operational expenses and turnaround time.